Garden Delights

I've picked about 6 tomatoes so far ... from our "Fourth of July" tomato plant that I bought from a store. Can't remember where. Delicious fresh and red all the way through. Yum.

We have 2 little yellow straightneck squashes that will be ready in another 3 or 4 days. And we have several 3-inch zucchini that still have another week or so.

The parsley (flat leafed and curly) is ever so tasty! I pick a stem or so every time I'm back there watering.

Last year we just through our corn cobs and garden trimmings refuse in a big compost heap, enclosed by three big boards. I had to cover over (to make it purty so we can sell this house!) but in the midst of the flowers that I planted to purti-fy-it, here a cluster of corn plants suddenly bursting out! I'm gonna leave them there just to see what happens. Kinda cool!

Anyway... that's a very quick garden update. Our house goes on the market tomorrow, but we're not ready yet. We have been working very hard, and have even more hard work ahead of us very early tomorrow morning. I'll get back to reading blogs and writing on our blogs as soon as I can breathe again. Bear with me!

Vikki

2 comments:

DayPhoto said...

Good Luck! I hope it sells fast and you are in your new place soon

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

ThrtnWmsFam said...

Thank you, Linda! Here's hoping! Vikki